Throughout this entire module I have been trying shadow directors, go on placements and learn from relevant professionals in my field. This has been a very difficult task as people/ companies don’t reply to emails and also many people are just not that willing to help for free. Below are all the contacts which I attempted to get in contact with.
- Malt films – CV & Cover letter – firstname.lastname@example.org (sent on the 14.03.16) Received a reply
- River film – Filled out online form – No reply
- Blink film – CV & Cover letter – email@example.com (sent on the 07.03.16) No reply
- Feel films – CV & cover letter – firstname.lastname@example.org (sent on the 03.03.16) Received a reply
- Ecosse films – CV – email@example.com (sent on thé 07.0316) No reply
- Pinewood – CV – firstname.lastname@example.org (sent in the 2.02.16) No reply
- Sonny – CV – email@example.com (2.02.2016) No reply
- Contrai – CV – firstname.lastname@example.org (03.01.16) No reply
- Spectrecom – CV & cover letter – Kate.email@example.com (07.03.16) Received a reply
Out of all the emails which I sent I only received 3 replies. One led to a potential placement. Although the company which holds the most promise is Spectrecom. They offered me a two week placement which will commence on the 31st of may. I detailed to them everything I wanted to learn and do and they scheduled the plan. I am extremely excited and I can’t wait to start my placement. I have been researching their directors and one that caught my eye was Scott McCullough. Since then I have been in contact with him and I should be shadowing with him when I start my placement.
All in all I am content with how this entire process. It wasn’t as successful as I had hoped but it has taught me how it will be to try and secure a graduate job after university.
2016, S. (2016) Spectrecom films, London | film & video production company. Available at: http://www.spectrecom.co.uk (Accessed: 7 March 2016).